Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Introducing myself

Hey there friends of the Farm! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Anisa Schell, and I've been a Monroe-aholic for 2 years now. ;) My family and I joined the farm in 2008 and, like many of you, fell in love with the awesome organic produce that we get weekly from Jerry and Jacquie.

Last year I signed up to be a working member because I wanted to see for myself what people did on a farm every day. My husband, Rick, hoped that doing this last year would get the dream of owning a farm out of my system, but I think it only deepened the desire. And this year, he had the opportunity to work a few weeks as well, and he loved it just as much as I did!

I am fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom with my two kiddos. This allows me to be a working member, and the boys (Henry, age 2, wearing the skull hat & Emmett, age 7 weeks, wearing green tye dye) get to come along for the ride. That's me in that picture, wearing the baby. Henry's been having a blast this summer catching toads and bugs and feeding the pigs each week as we fill the shares for all the members.

We live in downtown Englewood, so we carpool up to Kersey on our "farm day" with another working member from Littleton. We also have chickens in our backyard, in my tiny effort to turn our house into a wannabe farm. ;)

So there's a little back story on me. BUT this blog is about YOU and about our awesome CSA! So... stay tuned for my next post about this week's produce. I can't wait to get to know the other members of Monroe's CSA. Thanks to Brandon & Jacquie for letting me contribute!

Oh, and one more thing: the best part about blogging is that it is interactive! So if you see a post you like, leave a comment! If you have a question, leave a comment! If you want to see more of something.... leave a comment!
*thanks to Rachel Carlson Photography for sharing the pictures of the farm!

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to see another babywearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of us working members are moms, and we couldn't get by without babywearing! Slings, wraps and backpacks, baby! Woo woo!

    ReplyDelete